Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Day in the Life of My Mouth

Hi! My name is Emily. I am 28 years old and have lived in Chicago for 6 years. I am originally from Colorado and go back often to visit my parents and friends. I am an Academic Advising Manager here in Chicago and enjoy my job. I like to spend my time with my friends, running, listening to music and spending tme on the lake.


A day in the life of my mouth:

The first thing when I woke up was had a Luna Bar for breakfast. I work out in the mornings so it's important I have something to fuel my work outs even if I'm not hungry. I chose this because it has a good balance of protein and carbs. This was at 5:00am.

During and after the workout, I was drinking a lot of water. I do this both out of thirst and necessity so I'm not dehyrdated. I will drink 4-5 bottles of water a day.


Directly after my workout, I usually smoke a cigarette. I smoke several times a day and that is a big reason why I choose gum. My first cigarette of the day was at 7:15a.m.

Directly after this, I will chew gum. The kind I currently have is Orbitz. It usually chew gum after a cigarette because it makes my mouth feel cleaner. It makes me less self-conscious of my breath. I will only chew it for a few minutes mostly to make my breath smell better.

Once I got to work, I had a cup of tea. I try not to drink too much caffeine but this was a cold day and it helped me warm up.



Shortly after, I had another piece of gum. I had a meeting and it helps to keep me focused. Usually when I want to chew gum for a long period of time, I prefer Trident, not the kind of gum that comes out of the push packs.

Around noon, I had a Lean Cuisine (Lemon Chicken) and a water. This was pretty good but not very filling. I usually eat Lean Cuisines out of convenience, not usually because of taste. I then went outside to smoke another cigarette. After both of those things, I chewed another piece of gum. I continued to drink water throughout the day.



After my 3:00pm meeting, I went to have another cigarette as I usually do around this time. Honestly, the cigarettes generally make me feel crappy after I smoke them and I have been trying to cut down. I also had another cup of tea as this was a cold day and I was sick of water. I actually drink Peppermint Tea which is also my favorite flavor of gum. I followed both of these things with another stick of gum.

I eat a snack at 4:30pm. I know I'm not eating again until 7:30pm when I go to dinner with friends. I have a granola bar since that is all I have around. I am not eating for enjoyment but rather necessity at this time. I get cranky when I'm hungry and I have perpetually late friends so I probably won't eat until 8:00pm.

On my way home from work, I have another cigarette and piece of gum. I then go to meet my friends for dinner at Sushi Samba. I have a Spicy Tuna Roll (which is my favorite) and three glasses of wine. I like the taste and also to relax after work.

http://www.sushisamba.com/index.cfm/id/10/id2/28.html

After dinner, the last thing I put in my mouth is a toothbrush, toothpaste and I floss.











1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily,

    Look forward to your mouth blog - remember to include even LITTLE things (like water, gum or even chewing on your pen/finger) and why.

    And I love pics!!!

    ReplyDelete