Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Shopping!

Today I went to my usual place to purchase gum, CVS. I usually go to CVS a few times a week so I pick up gum while I'm running errands or purchasing other things that I need.
There are two sections to buy gum. One is near the candy aisle and the other is right near the cashier. I always go to the one near the cashier since I don't buy gum in bulk. This is basically what the section looks like.


One observation about this section is that it's relatively overwhelming. The section is very wide and short. I realize that when I pick up gum at a grocery store, I usually pick the same kind, Orbitz. When I'm at CVS, I am more likely to experiment. I don't go to the same exact place.  It's also so colorful. At this point, there are so many choices and I feel like there is a new kind of gum every single time I go. On one hand, this is nice. I can try something new and it becomes my go to. For instance today, I picked up something new. On the other hand, gum is something I don't want to think about. I have 100 choices I have to make a day at work and in my personal life. I want something like gum to be easy. Grab my Orbitz and go.
A new trend I've noticed is "whitening" gum. I actually will pick this up more often than not even though I'm not sure I believe this gum is actually making any kind of a difference. I do feel like this is kind of a marketing ploy but I seem to be falling for it.
The brands I see most are Orbitz and Trident. I think Trident is a very popular and an older brand. As far as Orbitz, I do feel like it's newer but they've had a ton of popular commercials.

The gum I see the least is 5Gum. I'm not sure why I've seen this the least. To be honest, the first time I've noticed it was for this blog when I was looking for the gum I see least often.

Today I bought Dentyne Pure. I had tried a piece that someone else had and I really enjoyed it. It was very juicy and made my mouth feel fresh for a long time afterwards. I think this shows I'm willing to try different kinds of gum as this is not my usual purchase. I also listen to the opinions of friends.

As far as my one wish for gum, is that it lasts longer. Most gums do what I expect but the flavor and chewability diminishes very quickly.

If I had not purchased gum today, I would probably spent it on a hygiene product as that is what I am usually purchasing from CVS. That is something I always need. It might be because I don't think enough of the value of $5 but I don't feel any hesitancy that I used the money to purchase gum. It is something I chew often and makes me feel better throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment